A crucial part of Domfil’s work is making sure that the thoughts and opinions of the PhD students we represent are heard. To do this, we have PhD representative positions in deciding boards. This is a way to ensure that we are involved and kept up-to-date on important matters that affects PhD-students. A short description of the organisation of LiU and the function of the different boards can be found in this document: Organisation LiU (in Swedish).
Currently, we have the following vacancies:
● BKV Institution Board: The BKV board makes decisions regarding everything from the budget to the daily work at the institution. Meetings are held once a month during working hours and takes about 3-5 hours.
● BKV Admission committee for PhDs: The Admissions Committee at BKV makes the selection and ranking of applicants for a PhD position and organises upstart seminars. Upstart seminars and selection meetings take place at two half-days per month (up to four admissions seminars/selection meetings per session), meaning that you are participating two to three half-days per semester as one of three to four PhD student representatives.
● HMV Institution Board: The board is the highest strategic and management committee within HMV and makes decisions regarding everything from the budget to the daily work at the institution. Meetings are held once a month during working hours and are normally 2-3 hours.
● KEF, Core facility: Core facility takes care of the common research resources which are financed by both the Faculty and the Count council of Östergötland. Meetings are held twice per semester and takes about 2 hours.
● Board of Children Welfare (“Barnafrid”): Barnafrid is the Swedish national competence centre of violence and abuse to children. The board meets typically twice every semester.
Please note that due to Swedish law surrounding public institutions some of the top level board meetings must be conducted in Swedish and all associated records are required to be in Swedish. These boards therefore require extensive experience with the language. This applies to the following boards: BKV, HMV and Children Welfare. Other boards will make exceptions for English speakers but some documents may still only exist in Swedish.
If you are interested in representing your fellow PhD students in any of these boards and want to know more about the positions or possible compensation, please contact email@example.com
University and faculty level:
The employment board: Employment and recruitment
The employment board: Promotions (Docenture)
Science and education fund (FUN)
BKV instituton Board
BKV – Admissions committee for PhDs
HMV institution Board
HMV – Admissions committee for PhDs
KEF Core facility
Center for biomedical resources (CBR)
Board of “Barnafrid” (Children welfare)
Centrum för medicinsk bildvetenskap och visualisering (CMIV)
Quality committee (research)